Here are some acceptable combinations of apparel that are in-line with the dress code. We encourage parents and students to review the handbook for specific dress code requirements—however, we have summarized the general guidelines below:
- Shirts must be solid in color—Red, White, Gray or Navy Blue.
- They must have a collar and at least one button.
- Cardigans may be worn but must be solid in color—Red, White, Blue, Black or Gray.
- Both shirts and cardigans must bear either an ALA magnet or an embroidered ALA logo on the left-hand side, over the heart.
- Pants, capris, skirts, skorts, jumpers and shorts must be Khaki, Tan, Black, Gray, or Navy Blue in color.
- They must have either front or back pockets.
- Shoes must be closed-toed and heeled, and no more than 2” in height.
- Jeans may be worn on Fridays but must be solid in color—blue or black.
- ALA NLV does not have locker rooms and does not require students to have a PE uniform.
- Shorts, skirts and dresses will be long enough to be within an inch of the kneecap when standing.
- Shirts may be sheer as long as they are solid and match the color requirements.
- They must be worn with at least a cap-sleeved undershirt.
- Earrings cannot be any larger than a quarter.
- Leggings, jeggings, yoga pants, etc. are not acceptable.
- Denim shirts are not acceptable.
- Shirts must be tucked in and a belt must be worn (except for KG).
- Hair must be trimmed above the ears and collar.
- Magnetic patches may be purchased through the front office at any ALA campus.
- If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact your local campus. View the full student handbook.